Sunday, December 3, 2017 • 12pm to 1pm at the West Tisbury Library
Connect with other parents with kids with special needs to:
- Learn about the new after school programming available for all kids with special needs
- Connect with Kate DeVane, president of the Island Autism Group
- Learn more about the IPAC Board and programming resources for kids with special needs
- Network and collaborate with other parents in an effort to best support our kids
- Learn more about the Department of Disability Services (DDS) and other Island groups that provide family support
Cape Cod Advocate presents an overview of the basic rights and protections under IDEA (the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act), an overview of Section 504 and an explanation of record keeping and the assessment process in this FREE workshop. Followed by question and answer session.
WHEN: Tuesday, October 3rd at 6 p.m.
WHERE: MVRHS in the Library
WHAT: This Workshop is for all parents and guardians of students on an IEP or 504 to help you learn how to better advocate for your child.
Brainstorming NEW Special Needs After-School Programming Options for the 2017-2018 School Year
PLUS: Update on Special Education Evaluation
Planned speakers include:
- Kate DeVane from Island Autism Group
- Jessie Damforth from Boys and Girls Club
- and Superintendent Matt D’Andrea